- Parent Category: ROOT
- Hits: 1906
The 5S concept was derived from Japan in the early 1960’s and is designed to assist in providing an efficient, tidy environment and workplace.
Research has shown that with the correct implementation of 5S there has been an improvement in workflow, job safety, quality, improved customer service and staff morale. 5S can be implemented into the production facility, warehouse, equipment and storage areas and offices.
Management will also realize great benefits through 5S implementation. Establishing employee self discipline through new found standards that engage employees in 5S. Identification and elimination of many kinds of waste movements and processes.
Improved working efficiencies and safety.
Clean and Orderly Operation
- Sort - Keep only what is needed, dispose of all else.
- Set in order - Everything in its correct place, arranged orderly for easy
access and identification.
- Shine - Always keep work areas/equipment clean. Clean work promotes
- Standardise -The establishment of the expected Standards for maintaining 5s
throughout the organisation.
- Sustain - Overall cleanliness and order are the results of Sort, Straighten and Shine.